COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Encroachment of Municipal Property By-law, 2009
- Published in Eastern Cape Provincial Gazette no. 2042 on 27 February 2009
- Commenced on 27 February 2009
- [This is the version of this document from 27 February 2009 and includes any amendments published up to 23 September 2022.]
2. Council permission required
3. Rules for the construction of encroachments
5. Balconies and bay window
6. Plinths, pilasters, corbels and cornices
7. Verandas around cornersIf a veranda is built around a corner of a public road it must be properly displayed rounded to follow the curve or kerb.
8. Pavement openings
9. Maintenance, removal and tenancy of projections
10. Encroachments erected in front of buildingsIf any encroachment has been erected or constructed in front of any building, the owner must at his, her or its expense-
12. Offences and penaltiesAny person who-
13. Repeal of by-lawsThe provisions of any By-law relating to encroachment of Municipal Property are repealed insofar as they relate to matters provided for in these By-laws.
14. Short titleThis By-law is called Encroachment of Municipal Property By-laws.
History of this By-law
27 February 2009 this versionPublished in Eastern Cape Provincial Gazette no. 2042By-law commences.