COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Control of Public Recreational Facilities By-law, 2009
- Published in Eastern Cape Provincial Gazette no. 2042 on 27 February 2009
- Commenced on 27 February 2009
- [Up to date as at 26 February 2021]
1. DefinitionsIn these By-laws, unless the context otherwise indicates:-"animal" means animal of the animal kingdom;"Municipal Council" means the Mbizana Municipal Council and any officer to whom the Municipality has delegated the powers, functions and duties vesting in the Municipality in relation to these By-laws;"Municipality" means the Mbizana Local Municipality;"Municipal entertainment facilities" means parks, public halls, stadia, sports grounds and Municipality;"recreational facilities" means Municipal entertainment facilities;
2. Application of the By-laws
3. Planning of recreation facilitiesThe Municipality will, when planning such facilities for sport and recreation ensure that special consideration is given to the accessibility of such facilities to sports people and spectators with disabilities.
4. Financing and development of recreation facilities
5. Environment, sport and recreationAll sport and recreation activities must be conducted in such a way that the environment is not adversely affected.
6. Control of recreation facilities
7. Restriction on entry into or residence in parks and recreation facilities and prohibition of certain acts therein
8. Purpose for which permission to enter or reside in a recreational premises may be granted
9. Sale of food
12. Safety measures to b observedThe Council must maintain public entertainment facilities in accordance with the provision of the Disaster Management Act, Act of 2000.
14. Short title and commencementThese By-laws must be called Control of Public Recreational Facilities By-laws and will come into effect after being published in the Provincial Gazette.
- Entire By-law
- 1. Definitions
- 2. Application of the By-laws
- 3. Planning of recreation facilities
- 4. Financing and development of recreation facilities
- 5. Environment, sport and recreation
- 6. Control of recreation facilities
- 7. Restriction on entry into or residence in parks and recreation facilities and prohibition of certain acts therein
- 8. Purpose for which permission to enter or reside in a recreational premises may be granted
- 9. Sale of food
- 12. Safety measures to b observed
- 13. Repeal
- 14. Short title and commencement
History of this By-law
27 February 2009 this versionPublished in Eastern Cape Provincial Gazette no. 2042By-law commences.