COVID-19 RegulationsSome municipal functions such as public transport, restaurant hours and liquor sales are impacted by recent national COVID-19 regulations.
Read the COVID-19 regulations.
This is the latest version of this By-law.
Aerodromes By-law, 2009
- Published in Eastern Cape Provincial Gazette no. 2042 on 27 February 2009
- Commenced on 27 February 2009
- [This is the version of this document from 27 February 2009 and includes any amendments published up to 19 December 2022.]
1. DefinitionsIn these By-laws, unless inconsistent with the context-"aerodrome" means the aerodrome known as the Mbizana aerodrome;"Air Navigation Regulations" means the Air Navigation Regulations, 1963, 1963, published under Government Notice No. R. 1779 dated 15 november 1963, as amended;"authorized agent" means the person, organization or undertaking who or which at a particular time has physical control over an aircraft, and acts on behalf of the owner or operator of an aircraft;"Caretaker" means the person who at any time in the Council's service holds the office of Aerodrome Manager in charge of the aerodrome, and includes also any other person who is in a specific instance duly authorized to act on his behalf;"charges" means the charges payable to the Council as determined from time to time by the Council by special resolution;"Municipality" means Mbizana Local Municipality;"Municipal Council" means Mbizana Municipal Council contemplated in section 59 read with section 81(2) of the Local Government Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act No. 32 of 2000), in terms of Section 157(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108, 1996), or person designated by any legislation or resolution of Municipality to represent it;"Director" means the person who in the Municipality's service holds the office of Municipal Engineer, or who has been appointed or authorized by the Municipality to execute the duties of the said office, and includes officials in the Municipality Engineer’s Department who, under the control of such person, exercise any function, duty or power in terms of these By-laws;"maintenance area" means the area adjacent to the hangars and other buildings on the aerodrome, excluding the public enclosures;"manoeuvring area" means the runways and marked taxiways for aircraft while proceeding to or from the runways;"operator" means the person, organization or undertaking who or which at a particular time renders or offers to render aircraft services;"owner" means the person, organization or undertaking who or which at a particular time is registered with the Civil Aviation Directorate as the owner of an aircraft;"public aircraft hangar" means an aircraft hangar over which the Council has control and which is not as a whole let to a person, but in which there are parking spaces which are let to a person upon application;"public enclosures" means the areas of the aerodrome site set aside and fenced by the Council for use by members of the public, and include the parking area for vehicles;"runway" means a specific rectangular area prepared or constructed for the landing and take-off run of aircraft along its length:"taxiway" means a specific path on the airport, marked in accordance with the directives of the Aviation Regulations and intended for a taxiing aircraft.
2. Powers of the caretaker
3. Control of aircraft, pilots and passengers
4. Measures for the prevention of fire and the supplying of fuel to aircraft
5. Control of motor vehicles
6. Admission to the maintenance area
8. Offences and penaltiesAny person who contravenes or fails to comply with any provision of these By-laws, is guilty of an offence and, on conviction, is liable to a fine or, in default of payment, imprisonment for a period not exceeding 12 months, or to both such
9. Repeal of By-lawsThe provisions of any By-laws relating to aerodromes by the Municipality are repealed insofar as they relate to matters provided for in these By-laws.
10. Short titleThese By-laws are called the Aerodromes By-laws.
History of this By-law
27 February 2009 this versionPublished in Eastern Cape Provincial Gazette no. 2042By-law commences.